ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 24 WG 8 N0018
The main purpose of this meeting is to review comments received on the Second Working Drafts of the four standards being developed. WG 8 will meet from 0900 until 1700 each day, starting on Monday, 17 January and ending on 19 January 2000.
Note : All delegates must be authorized by their National Bodies to attend the meeting.
Meeting Contact Person :
Armed Forces Training Systems, Inc.
7061 University Boulevard
Winter Park, FL 32792-6720
Voice: +1.407.677.0153 extension 238
The recommended hotel for delegates is the hotel where the meetings will be held:
Radisson Hotel University Orlando
1724 Alafaya Trail, Orlando, FL 32826, USA
When making reservations with the hotel, please make sure you ask for the block of rooms under "SEDRIS". It is important to do this to insure that you receive the discounted meeting rate. The rate is $75/night plus state and occupancy tax, $8.25.
Two maps of the area may be downloaded. The first map depicts the Central Florida region to include the University of Central Florida (UCF) and the Central Florida Research Park, which are east of downtown Orlando. The second map shows more detail of the area around UCF and the Research Park. You will note the Radisson University Hotel near the intersection of Alafaya Trail and State Road 50 (Colonial Drive) at the bottom portion of the map. The best route from the airport area is to head east on State Road 528 (Bee Line Expressway) then head north at Exit 16 on State Road 417 (Greenway) to Exit 33A. From there head east on State Road 408 (East-West Expressway) and exit at Alafaya Trail. Take a left turn onto Alafaya Trail and head north through the intersection of State Road 50 (Colonial Drive). It is best to be in the left-most straight-through lane so that you will be ready to make an immediate left turn into the Radisson just after you pass through the intersection.
If you intend to participate in the WG 8 Meeting, please send e-mail to the WG8 Convenor, Jack Cogman with a copy to the WG 8 acting Secretariat, Tim Gifford. If you plan to make a presentation or provide a written contribution, please indicate that also. Please note that such presentations or written contributions should be submitted through your National Body to the WG 8 Secretariat. The SEDRIS Organization should also approve any submissions from its members and send them directly to the WG 8 Secretariat. Such submissions must be made by no later than 10 January 2000.
1. Welcome (0900 on 17 January 2000)
2. Roll call and introductions
3. Adoption of agenda (WG 8 N0018)
4. Corrections to the minutes of the last meeting. (WG 8 N0002)
5. Actions from the first WG 8 meeting (WG 8 N0003)
6. Status of Approval of the Cooperative Agreement between SEDRIS and JTC 1 (JTC 1 Seoul Meeting Resolution 11) (WG 8 N0023)
7. JTC 1 Special Meeting on Planning Spatial Standardization & Related Interoperability (JTC 1 Seoul Meeting Resolution 29) (WG 8 N0023)
8. Nominate SC 24 delegation to the JTC 1 Planning Spatial Standardization & Related Interoperability group.
9. Update on Status of NP ballots that close on 22 January 2000 (WG 8 N0008, JTC 1 N5973) (WG 8 N0009, JTC 1 N5974) (WG 8 N0010, JTC 1 N 5975), and (WG 8 N0011, JTC 1 N 5976).
10. Status of Approval of Proposed Change of Scope for SC 24 (JTC 1 Seoul Meeting Resolution 30) (WG 8 N0023)
11. Review of, and decisions on, comments received on Second Working Draft SEDRIS Part 1 (WG 8 N0024)
12. Review of, and decisions on, comments received on Second Working Draft SEDRIS C Binding (WG 8 N0025)
13. Review of, and decisions on, comments received on Second Working Draft Environmental Data Coding Specification (WG 8 N0026)
14. Review of, and decisions on, comments received on Second Working Draft Spatial Reference Model (WG 8 N0027)
15. Discussion of recommendations to SC 24
16. Any other business
17. Review action items.
18. Confirm the dates and place for the next WG 8 meeting in The Hague.
19. Close (by 1700 on Wednesday, 19 January , 2000)